The Testing Center is temporarily located on the first floor of the Science & Math Building in SM120. The Testing Center administers tests at the request of instructors for math and science courses, Internet and hybrid classes, make-up tests for campus courses as requested by the instructor, advanced standing tests, and computer proficiency exams. Correspondence testing is done by arrangement only and requires special permission.
We, also, proctor tests for classes originating from other institutions. For classes that are not Rose State College classes, the proctoring fee is $15.00 per test. Please stop by the desk or call 405-733-7440 for more information about our requirements or to make an appointment.
The GED is only given at approved testing locations. For more information about the GED, please visit the State of Oklahoma GED webpage. The ACT, COMPASS, CLEP, and DSST tests are given in the Placement Testing Center in the Student Services Building.
Testing Center Hours
Hours vary during interim sessions and holiday periods. Generally, the hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 4 pm
For a complete calendar, please see our Testing Center Hours page. Note that the hours for the Testing Center are not the same as the building hours for the Learning Resources Center.
All tests must be submitted by ten (10) minutes before closing regardless of how much time your instructor has allowed for test completion. Please arrive at the Testing Center early enough to allow ample time to complete your test. You may call 405-733-7440 if you have questions.
To take a test, students must provide:
- Student ID Card -or-
Government-issued Photo ID
- Student ID Number
- Instructor's Name
- Course Name
- Test Number
To provide an environment conducive for testing, no children are allowed in the Testing Center while you are testing. Please call 405-733-7440 if you have questions.
In order for the Testing Center to provide a good and secure testing experience, faculty members need to:
- Include faculty name, course abbreviation and course number on each test.
- Deliver sufficient copies of tests to the Testing Center prior to the testing date.
- Provide a list of students including student ID numbers of those authorized to take the test.
- Provide a completed Testing Center Instruction Sheet (rev. 2015-05-22) for each test.
- When you use the form for the first time, download and save it to a location on your computer where you may easily retrieve it.
- You may prefill your typical test settings and save the file for use as a template with these choices already populated so that you don’t have the complete the form from scratch every time.
- Each time you use your template for a different test and student(s), the only items you will need to fill in are the unique or changed items. You can save the completed form with a name indicating the test and student(s) if you wish to retain for your records.
- Whether you save the form each time or not, you will need to print the completed form to present to the Testing Center with your test. Note: If you do not wish to fill out the form on your computer, you may simply print a blank form and fill it out by hand.
If we receive a test unaccompanied by an instruction sheet, we will contact the instructor to obtain one. Tests will not be given without an instruction sheet.
Completed tests will not be returned through interoffice mail. Faculty members must either pick up their tests or authorize someone to pick them up. Authorization must be in writing. Authorization forms are available at the Testing Center.