Accounting Program Objectives
The overall goal of the Accounting Associate in Applied Science Degree Program is to prepare the student to assume employment in a position with accounting responsibilities. Specifically, the faculty
- Give the students a basic foundation in accounting principles so that they will be prepared to learn advanced theory, practices, and principles.
- Prepare students to be able to facilitate and/or evaluate internal accounting practices.
- Teach students how to apply accounting theory, practices, and principles through the use of major accounting software.
- Provide the students with current accounting information so that they are able to apply this knowledge, especially with regard to tax theory and tax law.
- Reinforce and expand the students' knowledge of accounting theory, practices, and principles.
- Ensure that students have a well-rounded background in business ethics and communications.
- Ensure that students will broaden their educational background by successfully completing general education coursework.