Respiratory Therapist Admission Requirements
Admission to the Respiratory Therapist Program professional courses is by a special application procedure. The only entry to the professional courses is the fall of each year. The Respiratory Therapist Program Director or a RSC Advisor should be consulted prior to planning a course of study. Students must have completed or be able to complete the following sciences course prerequisites prior to beginning the professional education in the fall semester:
||Intro to Clinical Microbiology or
||Principles of Microbiology
To enroll in Respiratory Therapist Program professional courses, a student must apply and be accepted. The following application procedure should serve as a guide when applying to the program.
- Complete the Respiratory Therapist Program application. An application packet may be obtained during the application period from the Health Sciences Center, Division Office or by calling 733-7359. In addition, individuals need to apply to the College if not currently enrolled at Rose State College and have a transcript evaluation completed.
- Submit official college transcript's) of any college coursework. If official transcript's are on file in the Rose State College Office of Admissions, the student should obtain copies from them to attach to their Program Application.
- Complete COMPASS Assessment Tests, Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension and COMPASS Algebra. All applicants must take the COMPASS tests. The COMPASS Assessment Tests are administered throughout the year. Admission tickets for the exams are provided by advisors in Student Development, SSB Room 100. Students are allowed to take the exams a maximum of two times per enrollment period. The tests are administered in SSB 210, Monday through Thursday at 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Friday. A COMPASS Study Guide with practice tests will be provided upon request.
- Attend a hospital visitation at St. Anthony Hospital at a mutually agreed upon time with the Clinical Site Coordinator. A form documenting the time spent (two hours minimum) with the Coordinator's signature is required. NOTE: This is scheduled during the application period February 1 - April 15.
- A mandatory orientation session is scheduled following the application deadline and prior to the selection of a class.
- If you have attended another college or university, you MUST submit an official COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT to the Office of Admissions and Records. Upon submission of your OFFICIAL College transcripts, you should request a DEGREE AUDIT from the Office of Admissions and Records. The DEGREE AUDIT verifies acceptance by Rose State College of credit hours earned from another institution of higher education (within or outside the state of Oklahoma).
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Students are responsible for obtaining all documentation required for the application. Students are responsible for submitting all required documentation by the application deadline.