Applicant Selection Process
A. APPLY TO ROSE STATE COLLEGE: (if not currently enrolled). Submit official transcripts and request a Rose State College CLT Degree Audit (Allow 4-6 weeks). RSC requires a Document Archive Form and 48 hours to retrieve and copy transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities. If planning to complete a bachelor degree in the future, consider completing an Associate Degree in addition to the AAS in Clinical Laboratory Technology. Students that are interested in a Baccalaureate Degree are encouraged to check with the college that they plan to transfer to for additional class requirements.
B. COMPLETE A CLT PROGRAM APPLICATION: Applications may be completed online, or by calling the Health Sciences Division office at (405) 733-7359. Submit transcripts with the application. Submit additional transcripts for courses completed after the application is turned in. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
C. SCHEDULE AN INFORMATION SESSION WITH THE CLT PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Call (405) 733-7577 to schedule a session. The purpose of the information session is to discuss the CLT Program and devise a schedule of classes. Variation from the schedule of classes could result in delay progression in the program.
D. TWO APPLICATION PERIODS: The deadline for fall admission is April 15th, and for spring admission, the deadline is November 15. Late applications will be considered if space allows.
E. Notification of Acceptance: Notification of acceptance will be emailed to student RSC accounts by two months after the deadline dates.
F. Selection Criteria: 294 points possible
Applicant pool ranking will be based on GPA (based on science prerequisite courses-section III.F.)
1. Points for science prerequisites: A=8, B=6, and C=4 (total points possible=128)
2. Points for general ed and Psychology coursework: A=4, B=3, C=2 (total points possible=60)
3. Points for Completion of HSCL 1103: A=12, B=9, C=6 (total points possible=36).
4. Points for Health Care work experience (minimum six months): 10 pts (submit documentation).
5. Completion of bachelor degree: 50 points.
6. Administrative Points: 10 points for one of the following if proof is provided
· Graduating from Mid-Del, Midwest City, or Carl Albert High School
· Taking at least 6 of 8 prerequisites at RSC.
· Reside in Mid-Del Technical Area Education District.
· Employment in a medical facility or patient care facility in the Mid-Del Technical Area Education District.
G. PROGRAM ACCREDITATION: The Clinical Laboratory Technology/CLT program is fully accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 8410 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 60, Chicago, IL 60631. (773) 714-8880. www.naacls.org. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to sit for American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC) for Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).