Email Help for Students Using the New Google RSC Email Solution
Student email accounts are created one college business day following the first enrollment in classes for college credit and will be active continuously with no end date.
To login to your college email account, go to mail.raider.rose.edu in your web browser.
Your student email address is in the format email@example.com. If you have both a first and last name in common with another student, to avoid duplicate email addresses, a sequenced number will follow the name in the email address. To verify your email address, you may need to log into the OASIS system and navigate within OASIS following the path SA Self Service » Personal Portfolio » Home » Personal Portfolio. Under Contact Information, click the Email Addresses link to view your assigned email address.
Your email username is the part of your email address before the @ symbol. You must use your full email address to login. Your initial password is your birth date in MMDDYYYY format. Note that the system requires you change your password on the first login.
EXAMPLE: John Smith – Born on July 1, 1983
Email Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enabling Raider Mail with an Existing Gmail Account
If you already have another Gmail account, and are signed in to it, then clicking the link provided will not take you to raider.rose.edu. In this case, you can log out of all Gmail accounts or you can add an account. The benefit of adding an account is you will be able to select which Gmail account you want to access without logging in or out of the others. The following are the steps to add an account:
● Go to Google.com from a web browser.
● Find your name or avatar in the upper-right hand corner on the Google main search page.
● Click the avatar or name to reveal a pop-open dialog.
● Find and click the “Add account” button in the lower left-hand corner.
● The next screen will list all the Gmail accounts that you have signed into - at the bottom, click“Add account”
● This will bring you to a sign in page. Here you will enter your email@example.com in the top box labeled Email and your birthday in the mmddyyyy format in the lower box labeled Password. Then click the “Sign In” button.
● From here, you will be asked to link your data (accept this) and change your password. After completing this, you will be able to access your Raider Mail, as well as any other Gmail account.
You will be prompted to change your password with your first login. You may change your password as frequently or infrequently as you wish. If you want your email password to match your other college passwords, you must update it separately in each system. If you need help choosing a secure password, see our Guidelines for Choosing a Secure Password.
If you wish to forward your school email to another email account which you check more frequently or on a mobile device, you may do that as well, but be sure to update this setting if you change your forwarding email address.
For more information on the new Google RSC mail system, click here. If you have questions or problems with student email, contact IT Services at (405) 733-7356, Monday thru Friday, 8am – 5pm.