CHANGES ON THE PROCEDURES FOR TOTAL COLIFORM RULES CAN BE FOUND IN THE FOLLOWING GUIDES
Quick Reference Guides
- Total Coliform Rule: A Quick Reference Guide PDF (2 pp, 114 K)
EPA 816-F-01-035, September 2001
- For other quick reference guides visit the drinking water standards - quick reference guides page.
The Total Coliform Rule (published 29 June 1989/effective 31 December 1990)
- Drinking Water Regulations; Total Coliforms (Including Fecal Coliforms and E. Coli); Final Rule PDF (26 pp, 5 M) (About PDF)
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
40 CFR Parts 141 and 142 [EPA-HQ-OW-2008-0878; FRL-9684-8] RIN 2040-AD94
National Primary Drinking Water Regulations:
Revisions to the Total Coliform Rule AGENCY:
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). ACTION: Final Rule.
PDF: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY 131 PAGES LONG
Groundwater Rule Placards
The Groundwater Rule (GWR) Monitoring Requirements Placards are an Adobe pdf tool to help systems understand monitoring and communication requirements under the GWR. The tool targets system types (i.e. CWS, NCWS, wholesale, consecutive systems) and the specific information on which GWR requirements must be met. Using the placards, it is the goal of EPA that operators of specific system types be able to udnerstand which GWR requirements must be met in the event that a total coliform-positive or fecal coliform-positive sample is identified.
- GWR Consecutive with Own Source -- Triggered Monitoring PDF (1pp, 216K)
This placard is for consecutive systems that have their own source and are conducting Triggered Source Water Monitoring.
- GWR System Providing 4-log -- Compliance Monitoring PDF (1pp, 171 K)
EPA 816-F-10-060 This placard is for systems that provide 4-log treatment of viruses with chemical disinfection.
Groundwater Rule Quick Reference Guides
- Ground Water Rule: A Quick Reference Guide (2pp, 355K)
- Ground Water Rule Compliance Monitoring ( 2pp, 314K)