Liberal Studies, General Option
And keep existing description: This is one of the most popular degrees at Rose State. It is great for students who aren't exactly sure what they want to major in and would like to try out courses from several disciplines as they prepare for a four-year degree. A broad background in a range of subjects is provided.
The goal of the General Studies option in the Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Studies is to prepare students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution baccalaureate degree program. Graduates of this option will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate effective writing and communication skills.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking to a variety of situations and problems.
- Pursue careers in entry level government, education, business, and other similar fields through multidisciplinary preparation.
- Determine self-chosen academic and career goals.
- Exhibit a basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math, and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.