The goal of the General Studies option in the Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Studies is to prepare students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution baccalaureate degree program. Graduates of this option will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate effective writing and communication skills.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking to a variety of situations and problems.
- Pursue careers in entry level government, education, business, and other similar fields through multidisciplinary preparation.
- Determine self-chosen academic and career goals.
- Exhibit a basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math, and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.