Rose State College is a military National Test Center (NTC). We are very proud to be able to serve our military service members and help them to achieve their education goals.
The DANTES "Credit-By-Exam" is a program that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses.
Who Is Eligible For Military-Funded Exams?
CLEP & DSST exams are free to the following eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees. Military veterans can seek reimbursement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for exams and fees.
- Military personnel (Active Duty and Reserve) - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army and Air National Guard
- Eligible civilian employees and spouses of participating Reserve Component and Coast Guard personnel
- Department of Defense Acquisition Personnel (only eligible for the following computer-based exams: Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Marketing)
There are two types of Credit-by Exams - CLEP and DSST. The following will explain these tests and how you can use them to accelerate your path to a college degree.
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program):
- CLEP General and Subject examinations are available as computer-based tests at Rose State College.
- Use your service smarts to earn college credit. The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers you the opportunity to earn up college credits by passing any of 33 exams.
- Click here for available tests
- For more information, visit CLEP for Military.
- CLEP exams are given Monday through Thursday at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, please call for an appointment
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests):
- DSST Exams are an extensive series of examinations in college subjects that are comparable to the final or end-of-course examinations in undergraduate courses.
- Go to www.getcollegecredit.com for more information about DSST tests
- Remember to have the four (4) digit college code for the college you wish to send your results. If you are sending the scores to the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) you don’t need to look up the college code, the scores are sent automatically to CCAF
- DSST exams are given Monday through Thursday at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, please call for an appointment
- DANTES Retest Policy: The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) will only provide funding for initial testing. If retaking a test, the service member will have to pay all testing costs.