The goal of the Musical Theatre Option of the Liberal Studies Associate in Arts program is to prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in musical theatre.
Graduates from the Musical Theatre option will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate self-confidence, creative communication skills, and organizational skills necessary to enter the job market.
- Perform a variety of musical theatre styles.
- Participate in varied and diverse musical stage productions.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of stage dancing techniques.
- Exhibit a basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math, and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.
Students in the program must complete courses listed in Program Requirements and Support and Related sections with a minimum grade of "C" in each course in order to receive the Associate in Arts degree.
During their final semester of study, musical theatre majors will work with the professor in MUS 2512 to complete a competency examination that will include a performance component as well as a written portfolio.