Available to Everyone
- Library Catalog - RSC Library online card catalog indexing the print books, electronic books and audiovisual materials (slides, video-recordings, filmstrips, etc.).
- Gale Literary Index - Index to authors in all of Gale's publications covering literary criticism sources.
- Rose State Publication Indexes - Online searchable database of articles from all editions of our college newspaper and literary magazines.
- Medline Plus
- Newspaper List - Provides a subject and title list of newspapers to which the LRC subscribes.
- Publication Finder -Full Text Finder is a new state-of-the-art publication search service that is designed to replace the existing EBSCO A-to-Z Reader Site. (If this link doesn't work, scroll down to EBSCOhost, and go to Publication Finder from there.)
- PubMed - Provides access to information from the National Library of Medicine about articles in the field of medicine. The database can be searched by subject, author or title.
Available to Current Students, Faculty and Staff Only
NOTICE: To access databases off-campus, you must first log on to a campus computer each semester. If you are unable to come to campus, call the Reference Desk at 405-733-7543. Be prepared to provide your first and last name, student ID number, and birthdate.
- America's Historical Newspapers 1690-2000 - News articles covering topics in government, politics, social issues, culture, literature, discoveries, inventions and more.
- Books In Print - Books available from major publishers with reviews.
- Careers-Internet - Information on careers, including career assessment tests.
- CollegeSource - Over 7,000 university & college catalogs.
- CountryWatch - Provides current information on countries.
- Credo Reference - 600 encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, and reference handbooks. Subject coverage is especially diverse and equipped to address all key disciplines.
- CQ Researcher - Full-text periodical on current issues.
- DynaMed - Point-of-care reference resource designed to provide medical professionals with the best available evidence to support clinical decision-making.
- E-books- Through EBSCOhost or check our online catalog.
- E-Books (Springer) - Now available through SpringerE-Link. Search by subject or browse through the collection. 2012 books.
- Eastern Oklahoma County Regional History Center - A rich resource center for preserving history of the Eastern Oklahoma County region, including Tinker Air Force Base.
- EBSCOhost - Multiple databases available. Includes the ERIC and CINAHL databases.
- Encyclopedia Britannica - Full-text of one of America's most widely known encyclopedias.
- Hoover's - Information about open stock companies.
- Infobase (formerly Facts on File) - News Digest, Today's Science, Issues & Controversies) - is a great source for fast facts or news from 1940 to the present. Great section on debate topics and controversial issues. (Infobase was formerly Facts On File.)
- InfoTrac -
- Scribner Writers on GVRL
- Twayne's Authors on GVRL
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Literature Resources from Gale
- Gale Directory Library
- Literature Resource Center--Start here for Literary Research
- Literature Criticism Online
- National Geographic Virtual Library
JSTOR - Scholarly articles from JSOR's Arts & Sciences I and V Collections.
Killing Us Softly 4 - Jean Kilbourne's influential and award-winning film looks at views of women in television advertising.
Learning Express (sample tests, i.e., ASVAB, ACT)
- LitFINDER - Literature
- Marquis Who's Who on the Web - Provides short biographical information of living people in various fields (1607-present).
- Mergent - Database includes information about open stock companies.
- MTS Lab Training - Clinical laboratory technology.
- National Geographic Archives
- NewsBank Daily Oklahoman, Tulsa World, World News - includes the Daily Oklahoman & the Tulsa World online, plus, other national and international newspapers.
- Nursing Reference Center
- Online Electronic Journals
- Online Tutoring Center - Free Tutoring Assistance for Math, Science, and English. Only available through D2L.
- Oxford English Dictionary - Accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium.
- ProQuest (Historical NY Times) - includes two databases--Ethnic NewsWatch (a full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press in Spanish and English) and ProQuest Historical Newspapers: New York Times (1851-2010).
- Salem Reference Books: Health Guide
- Salem Reference Books: History
- Science Full Text Select - Use EBSCOhost. Full-text magazine and journal articles from scientific, technical, agricultural and applied mathematical journals.
- SIRS Knowledge - Provides general full-text articles from newspapers, magazines, government documents and Web sites.
- WorldCat - Catalog to materials-libraries around the world.