Overcome Writer's Block
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete an assignment.
- Write and erase possible ideas in your head. At some point, one idea will keep returning.
- Read over your notes, outlines, etc. Then immediately write whatever comes to mind.
- Pretend you are writing to a friend about your topic.
- Start in the middle.
- Open the dictionary, point to a word at random, and use it in a sentence. Keep writing.
- Write nonsense until something makes sense.
- Go away for a while. Write later.
© Copyright 2014 Rose State College