The goal of the Photography option in the Associate of Arts degree in Liberal Studies is to prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a degree in photography or art.
The program includes Rose State College degree requirements and courses generally completed in the first two years of a four-year photography curriculum. It conforms to the articulation agreement among state of Oklahoma two-year and four-year institutions of higher education.
Graduates of the Photograph option will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate basic principles of photography, including manual and digital camera controls, exposure controls, film, flash, and composition.
- Use various developers, films, and papers for unusual effects.
- Develop and emphasize individual skills and interest in a visually and expressive manner.
- Discuss the development of the visual arts in Western Culture.
- Communicate a general analysis of artwork orally and in writing.