Circulation and Access Policies
Special collections materials do not circulate outside the Library, and are to be used in LRC 122. Please ask a librarian for access to LRC 122 and for retrieving materials from the shelves. Special Collections materials may not be circulated through Interlibrary Loan.
1. A valid Rose State College photo ID or other current photo ID must be shown to use the RSC Special Collections materials. Readers will sign the Special Collections register and leave their photo IDs with the librarian.
2. Readers may not take coats, backpacks, book bags, large handbags, parcels and other personal property into LRC 122. Such items may be placed in a designated area in the Library.
3. Only pencil and paper, or computers may be used for note taking with Special Collections materials; no pens may be used. No cameras or scanners may be used.
4. Limited photocopying may be possible. Due to preservation concerns, some materials may not be photocopied. All photocopying will be done by library staff.
5. No food, drinks, chewing gum, or tobacco products are allowed in LRC 122.
6. Rules for using Special Collections materials:
a. Please exercise care in handling fragile and brittle items.
b. Do not mark your place in a book by placing it face down on a surface.
c. Do not use pencils, notebooks, or other books to mark your place in a book.
d. Never write, underline, or make marks on any Special Collections items. Do not write on paper placed on top of books (whether open or closed) or other materials.
e. Please do not re-shelve materials. Leave them on the study desks.
7. Capacity is limited to two patrons at a time. No children are allowed into LRC 122.
8. Access time may be limited when patrons are waiting.