The Library Club @ RSC
CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS
Of the The Library Club
The name of the organization shall be The Library Club.
The Goals of the Organization are to:
1. Stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and evaluating information.
2. Help students learn more about the library and to promote books, reading, and technology.
3. Improve the library and its services.
4. Assist students in learning about job hunting and careers in libraries.
Section I. Membership shall be designated as either regular membership or honorary membership.
Section II. Any person qualified, as specified in section III and IV of Article III, may become a member, and may retain such membership for as long as the person is so qualified.
Section III. Regular Membership
1. All students who are enrolled at RSC are eligible for regular membership in the Organization provided they carry a grade point average of 1.5.
2. A regular member has full voting privileges, is entitled to hold any position in the Organization, subject to provisions of Article IV of this constitution, and is entitled to any of the services of the Organization.
3. Each member shall have one vote in any matter submitted to the Organization for general vote, proxy voting and absentee balloting shall not be permitted, or a member may abstain from voting on any matter.
4. Membership Fees—Each member will pay membership fees of $3.00 per year. All fees will go toward club activities.
Section IV. Honorary Membership
1. A person who has distinguished him or herself by special efforts in helping the The Library Club.
2. For a person to receive honorary membership they must receive a majority of the regular membership vote.
Section I. Officers
—Elected officers of this Organization shall be, a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, a Treasurer and a Reporter/Historian, and shall be called the Executive Committee of this Organization.
Section II. Terms of office
—The officers shall be elected once a year beginning with the fall semester. All elected officers must have and maintain a grade point average of 2.0 and be enrolled in no less than 6 hours and in good standing. All elected officers shall hold office for a period of one year. Any officer who is proven guilty of improper conduct or gross neglect of duty may be removed from office by a majority vote of the membership at a meeting called for that purpose with a motion to that effect in which the accused officer can state his or her case before the general membership.
Section III. Vacancies
—If any elected officer shall resign, die or be removed from office for cause, the President shall declare the office vacant, and by affirmative vote of the general membership a vacancy can be filled. The new officer will only serve the remainder of the term of office.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Section I. Special meetings of the Organization may be called at the discretion of the President, and shall be called by him/her when requested to do so by a majority of the Executive Committee or upon written request of at least one-fourth of the membership of the Organization.
Section IV. Executive Committee meetings of this Organization may be called at the discretion of the President and shall be called by him/her when requested to do so by a majority of the Executive Committee.
Section III. Quorum
—Three members (or majority of active members) of the Executive Committee must be present to conduct business at any Executive Committee meeting, and a simple majority of members present at any regular meeting shall constitute a quorum to transact business.
Section IV. Robert’s Rules of Order
will be used as a guideline for holding all types of meetings.
Section V. The date and time of regular meetings will be decided by a majority vote at the first organizational meeting of each semester.
Section VI. Special meetings may be called by the President or by a majority vote of the Executive Committee. All of the Executive Committee shall be notified by telephone no less than twenty-four hours prior to the time of the meetings.
1. The The Library Club shall hold regular meetings (at least once per month) during the academic year.
2. All regular meetings of this Organization shall be held at a time and place, on campus, designated by the President with the approval of the Student Affairs Office.
3. The Reporter/Historian will announce any variation from normal meeting times to the members at least twenty-four hours prior to the contemplated change.
4. Special meetings shall be called by the President and/or at the minimum of five members, through the President.
Amendments to this constitution and by-laws may be proposed at any regular meeting. A two-thirds majority vote of all members present shall be required to adopt any proposed amendment.
ADOPTION OF CONSTITUTION
This constitution when approved by Rose State College Student Association or staff and The Library Club becomes effective from the date of such approval.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS AND MEMBERS
Section I. President
1. It shall be the duty of the President to preside at all meetings and to enforce all laws and regulations to the administration of this Organization.
2. The President shall serve as an ex-officio member of all Committees created by the Executive Committee or he (/she) shall appoint a member of that Committee as the ex-officio of that Committee.
—The President has the power to appoint any The Library Club committee he/she shall deem necessary to accomplish its official and assigned function(s).
Section II. Vice-President
1. In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall assume all the power and responsibilities of the President.
Section III. Secretary
1. The Secretary shall enter all resolutions and proceedings of meetings in the proper books.
2. The Secretary shall conduct all correspondence, relating to the Organization.
3. The Secretary shall keep a register of the members of the Organization.
4. The Secretary shall perform all duties pertaining to the office of Secretary.
Section IV. Treasurer
1. The Treasurer shall be responsible for deposits of all monies collected in appropriate accounts.
2. The Treasurer shall be responsible for all reports regarding status of funds.
3. The Treasurer shall perform all duties pertaining to the office of Treasurer.
Section V. Reporter/Historian
1. The Reporter/Historian shall issue all notices of meetings.
2. The Reporter/Historian shall issue press releases about the upcoming The Library Club meetings to the 15th Street News.
3. The Reporter/Historian shall make and distribute flyers about the upcoming The Library Club events.
4. The Reporter/Historian shall keep a scrapbook of The Library Club activities.
Section VI. Members
1. Members shall attend regular meetings unless the member is excused by notice to the Reporter/Historian of The Library Club prior to the meeting.
2. Members shall participate in The Library Club activities.
3. Members shall represent The Library Club at college functions.
4. Members who conduct themselves in such fashion to place themselves under disciplinary probation shall forfeit office or duties for the duration of the probationary period.
1. All The Library Club-oriented activities must be approved through the Office of Student Activities by a request submitted two weeks in advance.
2. The The Library Club shall sponsor, with consent of the administration, such activities and collect/raise funds as it shall deem necessary for financing its general club activities.
The The Library Club shall sponsor, with consent of the administration, fundraisers for improvement and beautification of the Rose State College Library.