Rose State College is proud to announce an opportunity for graduates of the Class of 2013 who will graduate from, or whose primary family residence is located in, the Carl Albert, Choctaw, Del City, Midwest City and Star Spencer school districts. Graduates who meet the criteria listed below will have the opportunity to receive financial assistance for tuition and mandatory fees for up to 62 attempted credit hours, or three consecutive years, whichever comes first.
Although a state institution, Rose State College also receives local funding through the Technical Area Education District supported by the citizens of our immediate service area. Thus, we are able to give back to our community and offer this generous source of financial assistance to our local graduates. We know that with the current economic conditions, students will be seeking new funding sources in order to begin their college education. We believe now is the time for "Your Community College" to invest in your success.
Do you meet all of the following Ticket to Rose eligibility requirements?
- I will be a 2013 graduate from Carl Albert, Choctaw, Del City, Midwest City or Star Spencer High School; or I will be a 2013 graduate from a private, alternative, or home school whose primary family residence is located within the officially defined borders of the aforementioned school districts and,
- I am a legal resident of the United States and,
- I will have an overall (cumulative) weighted high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher upon graduation (Note: Initial eligibility will be determined by a 7-semester high school transcript, submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records, ADM 100).
If so, complete all of the following requirements by May 6, 2013:
- Complete the online Ticket to Rose Application (Now available for 2013 grads). Helpful tips when completing the Ticket to Rose Application, are included below.
- Complete a separate Rose State College Application for Admission, in person through the Office of Admissions and Records, ADM 100; or online at www.rose.edu/application-for-admission.
- Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), at www.fafsa.gov, and submit all required documents to the Rose State College Financial Aid Office (SSB 200). You must include the Rose State College school code 009185 in the FAFSA application process.
- Submit a 7 semester high school transcript to the Office of Admissions and Records (ADM 100) indicating that you have currently earned a minimum 2.5 weighted GPA.
Please be aware that you must complete the Rose State College Application for Admissions AND the Ticket to Rose Application by May 6, 2013 to qualify for the program.
Helpful Tips When Completing the Ticket to Rose Application:
- First time users must “create a new account” (link is located below the “log in” button).
- The student may use their email address as a username.
- The student’s password must be at least 8 characters long & contain at least three of the following:
- Lower case letters (example: a,b,c)
- Upper case letters (example: A,B,C)
- Numbers (example: 1,2,3)
- Alphanumeric characters or symbols (example: @, $, &).
- We suggest that the student write down their username & password to file for future use.
- Include an answer in each field. For example, if the student is unaware of other forms of financial assistance, enter “N/A” under source. A confirmation email will be sent upon successful completion of the application. If the student does not receive a confirmation message, he or she should log back in, check the application for errors, and resubmit the application.
Application for The Ticket to Rose Program (Application is now open for 2013 grads)
Application for Admission to Rose State College
Ticket to Rose Program Policy Information (pdf)
Ticket to Rose timeline (pdf)
2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Available January 1, 2013
Ticket to Rose Program Brochure (pdf)
For more information contact the Ticket to Rose Advisement Assistant at (405) 736-0346, or TicketToRose@rose.edu .
In order to view and print the information above, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free software application that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Click on the button below to download Acrobat Reader. Instructions are available on the Adobe site when you download this application.