Rose State College provides free tutoring services to all RSC students as well as area high school students. Tutoring is available for most required general education courses. (Tutors are not always available for specialized classes.) Tutoring Services is located at the north end of the Learning Resources Center/Library. Online tutoring is available here.
- Students are allowed 2 hours of tutoring per week, per subject.
- You must notify Tutoring Services or your tutor if you need to cancel a tutoring session.
- Students who miss two scheduled tutoring appointments, even with notification, can be dropped.
Call 733-7417 for more information. Georgianna Eiland, Supervisor, Tutoring Services, is available to assist you.
The RSC Math Lab (Science & Math Building) provides students with quick, immediate help with mathematical questions. The Lab also provides tutorial videos for student use. RSC Math Lab
Service Desk Hours
|Monday - Thursday
||8:00AM - 8:00PM
||8:00AM - 5:00PM
*The Service Desk is only staffed during the times listed above; however, tutoring sessions can be scheduled anytime the LRC is open. LRC Hours
To become a tutor--
- Complete the Rose State Application for Employment (Linked here.) and return completed application to Human Resources, Administration Building, Room 104.
- Complete the Tutor Application (Linked here.) and return it to the Tutoring Services, Learning Resources Center 101.
- Bring or fax both the tutor application and transcript(s) to Tutoring Services in the Learning Resources Center. Fax number 405-736-0260.
- Complete your interview with the Supervisor, Tutoring Services.
- Qualifications--You must have made at least a "B" in the course. Get approval of appropriate division dean as well as pass employment checks.
For further information on how to become a tutor, please contact Tutoring Services at 733-7417.