CSEC Cyber Stars Summer Camp
Rose State College CSEC Cyber Stars 2017
This June/July, Rose State College is offering a free summer camp/workshop for High School and Teachers, funded by the NSF through the Cyber Security Education Consortium. The program will explore cyber security first principles, online privacy, and social media.
Ken Dewey, the Director of Cyber Security at Rose State College, will lead this year's event.
The program will mix in lectures with hands-on and interactive activities, augmented with field trips and guest speakers. Members of the College's Information Technology staff will provide a "behind the scenes" look at security and a live functioning large scale network.
There is no charge for this program, lunch and refreshments are provided. Space is limited for all camps. The curriculum will be challenging but fun and will provide in depth information and topics along with a Capture the Flag and other exciting activities.
The following camps will be offered:
- Week 1: High School and Teacher camp: 5-9 June, 2017.
- Week 2: High School and Teacher camp: 10-14 July, 2017.
Application forms will be completed online and will be available soon at the link provided below.
Topics covered in these camps are:
- Cyber Security First Fundamentals
- Access Controls and Network Authentication
- Digital Forensics Concepts
- Malware identification and removal
- Basic programming
- Network Traffic Capture and Analysis
- Computer and Network Hardware identification and configuration
- Basic design principles using 3D design software, 3D printer, and a laser
- Basic encryption and decryption
- Social Media and Online Privacy
- Drone Programming using Tickle