Student grades will be assigned, based upon the completion of a minimum number of hours per week in the performance of tasks within the definition of his/her major. The duties of the intern should be professional in nature, directly applicable to the field of study of the intern. Hours spent in the performance of duties outside the intern's field of study may not be counted in the required hours per week.
All required forms must be submitted in a timely manner in order for the student to receive credit for the internship. The final grade for the course will be determined by the faculty coordinator. Factors to be included in the determination of a final grade are the monthly activity reports, a final evaluation of the student which must be submitted by the work supervisor, and visitation(s) by the faculty coordinator with the student and/or supervisor.
- Take the initiative in finding an internship position.
- Obtain permission of the Faculty Coordinator. (Submit Form 1)
- Maintain contact throughout the semester (every 20 hours) with the Faculty Coordinator.
- Submit a final paper, during the 14th week of a 16 week semester (the 6th week of an 8 week semester), according to guidelines set forth by the Faculty Coordinator.
Faculty Coordinator Responsibilities
- Approve internship.
- Contact work supervisor.
- Make sure all forms have been submitted.
- Make sure all requirements of the course have been met.
- Determine a final grade.
Work Supervisor Responsibilities
- Approve internship and submit Form 2 during the first two (2) weeks of the internship.
- Supervise and monitor the intern during the internship period.
- Offer constructive criticism.
- Submit a final evaluation of the student including both strengths and areas of concern.
Unit I. Faculty Coordinator-Student Consultation, wherein learning goals and individual expected outcomes are established.
Unit II. Contact with Supervisor for explanation and planning.
Unit III. Evaluation by Supervisor and Faculty Coordinator.
BA 2191--HR Management Internship information, instructions, and assignments (PDF)
BA 2191--HR Management Internship Form 1 (PDF) (To be submitted by the Student)
BA 2191--HR Management Internship Form 2 (PDF) (To be submitted by the Work Supervisor)