Program Mission Statement And Outcome Goals
The Rose State College Health Information Technology is committed to preparing and mentoring students in ethical and professional practices in both healthcare and non-healthcare settings, fostering lifelong learning and meeting the needs of our community and our profession.
Program Outcome Goals
Upon completion of the Health Information Technology Program, the student will be able to:
- Apply regulatory, licensing and accreditation guidelines and standards to various functions of health information, ensuring the integrity and validity of health record content.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of privacy and security practices in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Compute, analyze and compile various healthcare data and statistical information to produce meaningful reports.
- Conduct audits, monitor processes and analyze compliance with multiple functions of the revenue cycle.
- Utilize different software packages including, but not limited to, electronic health records, coding software, and statistical and data display.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior through attendance, collaboration, attitude, and ability to meet time requirements.