Requirements Prior to Clinical Rotations
- HSPC 1234 must be completed with a minimum of “C”.
- Rubella and Rubeola: blood titers showing immunity, or proof of two MMR vaccines. Note the vaccine affects TB skin test results.
- Varicella (chicken pox): either by vaccination (2 required), laboratory testing, or documentation by a physician or knowledgeable adult.
- B. Skin Tests (in mm): two separate skin tests must be completed at least one week apart, but no more than one year apart. If a past skin test has been positive, at least one negative chest film since conversion.
- Hepatitis B, three vaccinations OR testing, showing immunity.
- Proof of hospitalization insurance OR signed waiver assuming financial responsibility for cost of any emergency care necessary, while performing duties as a student at a clinical site.
- CPR: current Basic Life Support-Course Certification. Available at Rose State or American Heart Association.
Rose State College will provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities in order for students to have access to educational programs and services. Students with disabilities requiring accommodations should make the initial request for accommodation to the Student Access Services, Learning Resources Center Room 106, or by calling 405-733-7373.
Rose State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational programs, activities, or services. The person designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, including issues of noncompliance, is the Senior Director, Human Resources/Affirmative Action Officer, Administration Building, Room 104, (405) 733-7979. Complaints and grievances will be handled in accordance with the College’s Grievance Procedures.