Respiratory therapists evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. As a student of our Associate in Applied Science Degree, you will build the confidence and knowledge you need to care for a variety of patient types. The Respiratory Therapist Program offered by Rose State College is a two-year course of study in a one-plus-one format.
Program Goals and Objectives
The Rose State Respiratory Therapy program will prepare the students to demonstrate competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
Degree Program Requirements
Why choose Rose???
- Class of 2017 Outcomes revealed a 100% CRT pass rate and a 93.75% RRT pass rate
- For a three (3) year average, 2017 annual report program data reflects 89.6% job placement and 100% on time graduation
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care Online Completion Program available through a partnership with Midwestern State University https://mwsu.edu/academics/hs2/respiratory/rrt-to-bsrc
- Affiliation agreements with 17 clinical sites provides students exposure to a wide variety of patient populations and clinical experiences
- Excellent student to staff ratio allows hands on learning experiences including instruction on updated lab equipment and lab simulation mannequin
Careers that Change the World: Respiratory Therapy
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredits the Rose State Respiratory Therapy Program, program #200144. You can find current program outcome data from CoARC at https://www.coarc.com/students/programmatic-outcome-data.aspx