Theatre (Fine Arts)
The Rose State College Theatre Program offers a two-year, comprehensive program that prepares the theatre major for transfer to a baccalaureate-granting institution. In addition to acting, students gain hands-on experience in such areas as scene painting, set building, and makeup. Four shows are produced every year. Students learn the nature of producing each show as well as building organization, teamwork, and leadership skills. Faculty and staff work closely with students in all aspects of the discipline. Rose State Theatre Department participates annually in the Kennedy Center/ American College Theatre Festival.
- Rose State College produces four shows every year.
- Students have the opportunity to work alongside professional guest artists.
- High level of opportunities to participate in productions allows students to get more exposure to theatre than they would at larger institutions.
- Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the area of theatre that interests them: scene painting, set building, singing, acting, publicity, playwriting, stage managing, dramaturgy, etc.
- The collaborative nature of producing each show reinforces skills in organization, teamwork, leadership, and responsibility.
- Faculty and staff work closely with students in all aspects of the discipline.
- Students are encouraged to pursue a variety of internships in professional theatre.
A 256-seat thrust theatre, which is a perfect performance space for intimate live performance. Acting and performance classes are also held in this space.
The soaring Performing Arts Theatre seats 1,400. This acoustically-superb, nearly-new facility includes recent upgrades to the theatrical lighting system in 2011 and a half-million dollar sound renovation in 2012.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be no student plays scheduled for Fall 2020. Please check back soon for a 2021 schedule.
Rose State College and other Oklahoma colleges and universities have memorandums of understanding which identify course equivalencies between both institutions. These agreements aid transfer students. Transfer Agreements webpage