General Studies (Liberal Studies)
As one of the most popular degrees at Rose State College, the General Studies degree is ideal for students who aren't exactly sure what they want to major in. Students have the opportunity to try out courses from several disciplines as they prepare for a four-year degree. The goal of the General Studies emphasis in the Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Studies is to prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate degree program.
Accelerated degree path available in as little as 14 months, with most courses offered online.
Graduates of this option will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate effective writing and communication skills.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking to a variety of situations and problems.
- Pursue careers in entry level government, education, business, and other similar fields through multidisciplinary preparation.
- Determine self-chosen academic and career goals.
- Exhibit a basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math, and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.
A degree in General Studies leaves a wide-variety of careers open for graduates. Students are prepared to work on a Bachelor’s degree in multiple disciplines, and they leave the program with a plan for their future. An associate’s degree in General Studies shows potential employers that the graduate accomplishes his or her goals and can communicate well. These are things that all employers look for.