Scholars For Excellence in Child Care
Providing Educational Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care (SECC) program ensures that eligible child care professionals in the state of Oklahoma have an opportunity to attend a community college to further their education while earning a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Certificate of Mastery, Director's Certificate of Completion, and/or an associate degree in child development or early childhood education.
At Rose State College, the scholarship will provide 90% of tuition and fees and 100% of required books for eligible scholars for the following:
- Child development courses leading toward a CDA credential
- Certificate of Mastery
- School-Age Certificate of Completion (school-age teachers and directors only)
- Director's Certificate of Completion
- Associate in Arts in Family Services and Child Development
In addition, the Scholars program also offers the following scholarships:
- Early Education: Pathway to Your National Credential (a comprehensive CDA or CCP curriculum) coursework taken through technology centers leading toward the national CDA credential.
- CDA/CCP Direct Assessment Application
To qualify for the Scholars program tuition scholarship, child care providers must:
- Be employed at a licensed child care facility at least six months before beginning coursework.
- Work in a one-star plus or higher DHS licensed or military monitored or tribal monitored child care facility.
- Work as a teacher or family child care provider at least 30 hours per week earning $15.50 or less per hour.
- Work as a director or assistant director at least 30 hours per week earning $20.00 or less per hour.
- Once approved, be on a child development plan of study.
Scholars Program Benefits
- Scholars program scholarships
- Support services and technical assistance from Scholars program coordinator
- Academic and career advisement
- Networking with other child care professionals
- Education stipend of $800 for the Certificate of Mastery, $1,000 for the Director’s Certificate of Completion, and $1,500 for the Associate in Arts in FSCD–Child Development