The Math Lab provides academic and technical support in math and chemistry to students who need assistance beyond their regular classroom instruction. The staff is dedicated to helping each student achieve success by providing tutoring in a positive and supportive environment.
Students can receive immediate help with a specific problem and have access to materials to help in understanding a concept. Lab Assistants are available to help with specific problems and provide assistance with the computers and MyMathLab.
The lab operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. Because we don't schedule appointments but instead address students as they drop in, we try not to spend an extended period of time with any one student. As this is a study environment, we ask that you refrain from loud or prolonged visiting. The Math Lab is not a replacement for prerequisite coursework.
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Phone: (405) 733-7929
Contact Us by Email
Location: The Math Lab is located in the Engineering Technology Building, room 201.
A Math Lab Assistant Does:
- Promote independence in learning
- Facilitate students’ insights and light bulb moments
- Make an effort to reinforce classroom methods
- Respect individual differences
- Make sure the concepts are understood
- Model good learning habits
A Math Lab Assistant Does Not:
- Teach or lecture class material
- Contradict instructors’ methods
- Know everything
- Do the work for the student
- Help on quizzes or tests