Frances White Hughes Scholars (of the PLC)
Frances White Hughes Scholars (also noted in Humanities Division scholarships)
Available to students majoring in one of the fine arts, arts management, or art librarian areas. To qualify for this scholarship you must major in one of the following: Art, Library Technical Assistant (Emphasis in fine arts), Photography, Music, Music Engineering and Industry Option, or Theatre.
The Frances White Hughes Scholars program:
- Provides the RSC leadership development course, leadership conferences, and culturally enriching experiences,
- Is funded by a gift from the estate of former Rose State College Regent, Dr. Frances White Hughes,
- Requires each member to complete 90 hours as an intern in the RSC Performing Arts Theatre or Oklahoma City Civic Center Music Hall equivalent environment each semester, and
- Requires each member to complete an approved business course each semester.
Those chosen to be a part of the Frances White Hughes Scholars program:
- Have earned and maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (high school or college).
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester at Rose State College.
Ten students per year are awarded the Frances White Hughes Scholars scholarship which includes $2,000 per semester and may be used toward tuition, fees, books, and other approved related expenses. This scholarship is solely funded by Rose State College’s Foundation.