The Rose State College Aquatic Center is an outstanding facility that features a 25-meter, six-lane, indoor heated swimming pool, plus a whirlpool, sauna, four locker rooms and two family-unit dressing rooms. The depth of the pool ranges from four feet at the shallow end to 13 feet, and it has a ramp for handicap access. An extensive selection of courses are available for adults for both college credit and non-credit.
Additional features include a 1,715-gallon whirlpool that seats up to 8 people with a water temperature maintained at 100 degrees. The sauna is solid redwood with seating for up to 6-8 people. Temperature is maintained at 180 degrees. The facility also has 2 student locker rooms, 2 faculty/staff locker rooms, 2 private locker rooms, and 2 family changing rooms. The student and faculty locker room each have daily use lockers, lockers for rent, showers, restrooms and weight scales.
Services For You
- Open Lap Swims
- Open Recreational Swims
- Locker rooms for Students and Faculty/Staff
- Towel Service
- Family Unit Dressing Rooms for individuals dependent on another family member
- Special Events/Workshops
- Classes for college credit — Beginning Swim, Intermediate Swim, Lifeguarding, W.S.I., Aquatic Fitness, Lifeguard Instructor, H2O Strength Training
- Plus 50 Classes (Non-Credit) — Water Aerobics, Low Intensity Water Aerobics, Aqua Dance, H2O Strength Training, Learn to Swim
- Youth Swim Classes — Raiders Swim Team, Learn to Swim classes including: Parent Tot, Pre-School, Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Junior Guard, Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor
The Aquatic Center is available to currently enrolled college students, faculty and staff of Rose State College at no extra charge. A college ID card is required for all open swims and towels. The Aquatic Center is located on the main campus at 6420 S.E. 15th, Midwest City. Come by for a visit or call (405) 733-7396 for information on courses currently being offered and for lap and open recreational swim times.
Open Swim Times
7am-8am, 12pm-1pm, 4:30pm-5:30pm
WSI credit class
This class meets on Fridays, April 22 & April 29 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturdays, April 23 & April 30 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sundays, April 24 & May 1, from 9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. only.
To provide the faculty, staff and students of Rose State College with the safest facility possible, while offering educational, recreational, rehabilitation and fitness programs.
- Comprehensive aquatic instructional program of physical education credit.
- Recreational swim programs for currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- Community service instructional and rehabilitation programs for non-credit.
- Special events program that offer training in water safety, fitness, competition and/or instructor training.
Aquatics Center Front Desk: (405) 733-7396