The Rose State College Aquatic Center is an outstanding facility that features a 25-meter, six-lane, indoor heated swimming pool, plus a whirlpool, sauna, four locker rooms and two family-unit dressing rooms. The depth of the pool ranges from four feet at the shallow end to 13 feet, and it has a ramp for handicap access. An extensive selection of courses are available for adults for both college credit and non-credit.
Additional features include a 1,715-gallon whirlpool that seats up to 8 people with a water temperature maintained at 100 degrees. The sauna is solid redwood with seating for up to 6-8 people. Temperature is maintained at 180 degrees. The facility also has 2 student locker rooms, 2 faculty/staff locker rooms, 2 private locker rooms, and 2 family changing rooms. The student and faculty locker room each have daily use lockers, lockers for rent, showers, restrooms and weight scales.
Services For You
- Open Lap Swims
- Open Recreational Swims
- Locker rooms for Students and Faculty/Staff
- Towel Service
- Family Unit Dressing Rooms for individuals dependent on another family member
- Special Events/Workshops
- Classes for college credit — Beginning Swim, Intermediate Swim, Lifeguarding, W.S.I., Aquatic Fitness, Lifeguard Instructor, H2O Strength Training
- Non-Credit — Water Aerobics, Low Intensity Water Aerobics, Aqua Dance, H2O Strength Training, Learn to Swim
- Youth Swim Classes — Raiders Swim Team, Learn to Swim classes including: Parent Tot, Pre-School, Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Junior Guard, Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor
The Aquatic Center is available to currently enrolled college students, faculty and staff of Rose State College at no extra charge. A college ID card is required for all open swims and towels. The Aquatic Center is located on the main campus at 6420 S.E. 15th, Midwest City. Come by for a visit or call (405) 733-7396 for information on courses currently being offered and for lap and open recreational swim times.
Open Swim Times
7am-8am, 12pm-1pm, 4:30pm-5:30pm
7am – 1pm, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
7am – 9am, 11am – 1pm
Capitalize Credit Class & Non-Credit Class
This course will certify participants to teach American Red Cross swimming lessons and the Community Water Safety course. Prerequisite: must be 17 years old and able to swim at Level 4 skills. The class is $160. #3598* April 21 – April 30 Staff Fri 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Sat/Sun 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Instruction and certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Oxygen Administration, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer will be taught. Lifeguarding provides entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare Lifeguard candidates to recognize emergencies, prevent drowning, and other incidents. The course also teaches other skills an individual needs to become a professional Lifeguard. Prerequisite: Must be at least 15 years of age, before the final scheduled session of this course. Each class is $135.
#3591* March 31 – April 9 Staff Fri 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sat/Sun 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Credit & Non-Credit Class)
#3592 April 18 – 23 Staff Tues/Thurs/Fri 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sat/Sun 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
#3593 April 25 – April 30 Staff Tues/Thurs/Fri 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sat/Sun 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
#3594 May 9 – 14 Staff Tues/Thurs/Fri 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sat/Sun 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
#3595 May 16 – 21 Staff Tues/Thurs/Fri 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sat/Sun 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
#3596 May 24 – 26 Staff Wed 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Thurs/Fri 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
#3597 June 7 – 9 Staff Wed 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Thurs/Fri 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
To provide the faculty, staff and students of Rose State College with the safest facility possible, while offering educational, recreational, rehabilitation and fitness programs.
- Comprehensive aquatic instructional program of physical education credit.
- Recreational swim programs for currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- Community service instructional and rehabilitation programs for non-credit.
- Special events program that offer training in water safety, fitness, competition and/or instructor training.
Aquatics Center Front Desk: (405) 733-7396