Each person entering must present their valid Rose State ID card and swipe card to enter. If you do not have your ID you must be logged in at the lobby front desk by your Student ID number. If you don't have your Student ID and don't know your Student ID number, you will not be allowed to enter the Wellness Center.
False identification or using another individual's ID. will result in an immediate suspension from the facility for a period of one full year. All visitors to the Wellness Center must show a valid photo ID. to enter. Patrons caught letting non-members in through any entry will be suspended from facility for one full year.
Unruly patrons will be asked to leave the Wellness Center by facility supervisors or campus police. Examples of unruly behavior (but not limited to) are as follows: threatening employees, vandalism, damaging equipment, profanity, fighting, yelling, spitting on floors, dropping weights, hanging on basketball rims. Violations of the conduct policy can result in the suspension of all Wellness Center privileges for a period of one full year.
Gym bags, purses and backpacks must be kept in day lockers in dressing rooms or in cardio area and not left on the floor.
Clothing & Shoes
- All individuals in the Wellness Center that are using the facility or its equipment are required to be dressed in athletic attire.
- Street clothing, blue jeans (any denim), pants with belts/metal rivets, cutoff pants are not allowed inside the workout/open activity areas.
- To reduce the risk of transmitting infectious disease: Shirts that cover all torso skin are required.
- All shorts are required to be long enough to cover and stay at mid-thigh while working out.
- Loose jewelry should be removed for safety. Body jewelry visible under athletic attire runs the risk of snagging on equipment and is therefore considered unsafe. Visible body jewelry must be removed or covered with tape for safety reasons. Medical and religious jewelry are welcome if they don’t present a safety hazard.
- Sports bras are encouraged but may not be the outermost layer of clothing.
- Athletic shoes with closed toes are required except in the locker room. Dark soled athletic shoes and boots of any kind that damage/mark aerobic room floors are prohibited. All shoes must securely fasten to the foot. For safety reasons, slide-in shoes are not permitted.
- Day lockers are for daily use only and personal items must be removed daily.
- Personal locks may be used daily and must be removed by the end of the day.
- Store and secure personal items in day lockers with personal locks.
Lost & Found
- The College is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Inquire at front Wellness desk for lost items.
- Found items should be turned in at the front Wellness Desk. Unclaimed items will be held for only seven days and disposed of or given to a charity.
- Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables for patrons.
Food & Beverages
- Food is not permitted in cardio/strength/open activity areas.
- Bottled water is allowed in the fitness center.
- No glass or metal containers are allowed in Wellness Center. Food and drinks are allowed in the Lobby.
- Alcoholic beverages not allowed.
- Smoking/use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
- Use of profanity is prohibited.
- Spitting is prohibited in facility, including water fountains.
- Cleats, sandals, flip flops, boots, bare/stocking feet are prohibited.
- Jeans are not allowed within the workout/open activity areas.
- Bicycles, skateboards, inline skates and Heelys are prohibited in Wellness Center. Bicycle racks are available by the Student Center.
- Animals are prohibited in the facility, except for service animals.
- Portable stereos (MP3 players, iPods, Cell Phones) are to be used with head phones only.