Note: Fall Non-credit community enrollment begins August 3.
The Rose State Wellness Center is committed to the idea that exercise and proper nutrition are the key to achieving overall good health. Working out not only helps treat various ailments, but can also help prevent them. Regardless of your age, abilities or interests, the Wellness Center provides opportunities for you to get fit and enjoy doing it.
A wide array of equipment enables you to get in your favorite cardio, strength or stretching exercise. And open activity area is used for multipurpose recreational activities and open-exercise classes, as well as credit and non-credit classes. Plus, a wellness assessment lab offers risk factors, body fat, flexibility, blood pressure, muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance screenings.
Aquatic & Wellness Center Summer Schedule (PDF)
Aquatic & Wellness Center Fall Schedule (PDF)
The Wellness Center is available to credit students, full-time employees, adjunct professors and individual community members. All patrons must present a valid Rose State ID to enter. View the complete list of policies.
Wellness Center membership includes access to: the cardiovascular and strength training areas (during open hours); the Aquatic Center (during open swim times); the Open Activity Area (during open times); and open group classes.
- Life Fitness Treadmills
- Life Fitness Elliptical Trainers
- Life Fitness Recumbent Bikes
- Life Fitness Upright Bike
- Life Fitness Signature Series Pin Selector Machines
- Hammer Strength Free Weights Stations
- Sets of Iron Grip, Urethane Coated, Olympic Plate Weights
- Sets of Iron Grip, Urethane Coated, Dumbbell Weights
- Set of Iron Grip, Urethane Coated, Barbell Weights
- Medicine balls
Couch To 5K
What is Couch to 5K?
- The “Couch to 5k” is a 9-week running program. That is designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks
- Swing by the Wellness Desk & pick up your 9-week “training” packet & begin with us. Here’s day 1’s workout:
- 5 Min brisk walk for warm up
- 20 minute workout: alternate 60 seconds jogging & 90 seconds walking
All students that have completed the Couch to 5K will go in a drawing for iTunes; Starbucks & Subway giftcards!
Please contact Nickie Madden x 7330 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
The Wellness Center is a multi-purpose facility serving Rose State College faculty, staff, students and community members. All patrons must present valid Rose State College ID to enter.
HoursMonday-Friday 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Closed on Sundays and on additional days that correspond to holidays observed by the College (approximately 15 days per year) and for inclement weather closings.