State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and Professional Licensure Disclosures


State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

Rose State College in the Fall of 2015 began participating in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).  SARA is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offerings of postsecondary distance education courses and programs.  It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by post-secondary institutions based in another state.  SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.

States belong to SARA, not institutions or students.  The college “operates underneath” or “participates in” SARA.  Each individual institution within a state will determine if they want to participate in SARA or not.  Colleges or universities in a SARA state only need their home state authorization to offer distance education to any other SARA member state.   

There are several states that do not belong to SARA.  If you reside in one of these states, then you will not be able to enroll for online classes through Rose State College.  These states are:

Northern Mariana Islands

For more information about SARA please visit their FAQs page

NC-SARA Complaint Process

Rose State College Professional Licensure Disclosures

Degree programs at Rose State College that are intended to result in professional licensure and certification are designed to meet the educational requirements for the state of Oklahoma.

Per the U.S. Department of Education regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v) we are obligated to disclose whether or not Rose State’s programs will meet the educational requirements for professional licensure or certification in any of the US states or territories. The information below reflects, to the best of our knowledge, accurate information about each of our licensing programs.

We encourage students who may live out-of-state or intend to test or apply for licensure or certification outside of Oklahoma to: (1) share this with college representatives and program officials, and (2) review the state educational requirements on the relevant licensing body’s website. Rose State College will work collaboratively to assist students to stay informed regarding educational requirements for licensing eligibility wherever they may live.

Health Sciences Programs 

Dental Assisting

No license is required to be a Dental Assistant. 

Dental Hygiene

Graduation from the program allows the student to take the licensure exam in any state because our program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Oklahoma graduates take a National Board Exam, a Regional Clinical Exam and a Jurisprudence Exam. These are all in-person exams. Licensure in other states is governed by that state as each state will have their own requirements. 

Health Information Technology

There is no licensure exam as no licensure is required. There is a National Certification Exam that is also not required, but can be taken and is good in all fifty states, as well as some other countries. 

Medical Laboratory Technology

State licensure information can be found here.

Nursing Science

State licensure information can be found here

Radiologic Technology

There is no state licensure in Alabama, Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Missouri or Oklahoma. There is a National Registry, which has a fee, that is the first step for licensure in several other states. However, each state will have their own requirements for state licensure.

State licensure information can be found here.

Respiratory Therapist

State licensure information can be found here.