Providing Educational Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care (SECC) program ensures that eligible child care professionals in the state of Oklahoma have an opportunity to attend a community college to further their education while earning a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Certificate of Mastery, Director's Certificate of Completion, and/or an associate degree in child development or early childhood education.
At Rose State College, the scholarship will provide 70% of tuition and fees and 100% of required books for eligible scholars for the following:
- Child development courses leading toward a CDA credential
- Certificate of Mastery
- School-Age Certificate of Completion (school-age teachers and directors only)
- Director's Certificate of Completion (directors and assistant directors only)
- Associate in Arts in Family Services and Child Development
In addition, the Scholars program also offers the following scholarships:
- Early Education: Pathway to Your National Credential (a comprehensive CDA or CCP curriculum) coursework taken through technology centers leading toward the national CDA credential.
- CDA/CCP Direct Assessment Application
To qualify for the Scholars program tuition scholarship, child care providers must:
- Be employed at a licensed child care facility at least six months before beginning coursework.
- Work in a one-star plus or higher DHS licensed or military monitored or tribal monitored child care facility with a minimum of 10% DHS and/or tribal subsidy enrollment at the time of application.
- Work as a teacher, family child care provider, or director at least 30 hours per week earning $15.50 or less per hour.
- Once approved, be on a child development plan of study.
Scholar Coordinator Assistance
The Scholar Coordinator helps with:
- Scholars Program Scholarships
- College Admission
- Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
- Academic Advisement and Educational Resources
- Application for the Oklahoma Professional Development Registry
- Technical Assistance at Child Care Facilities