Ticket to Rose Program
Ticket to Rose is a program sponsored by Rose State College for graduates of the Class of 2017 who will graduate from, or who live in, the Carl Albert, Choctaw, Del City, Midwest City, and Star Spencer school districts. It offers assistance when scholarships and other forms of federal or state financial aid (excluding loans) do not cover the cost of tuition and fees. Therefore, the need for assistance through the Ticket to Rose program is determined by the student’s on-line application of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Should the student receive assistance from another source that pays for tuition and fees, the amount paid by the Ticket to Rose program may be reduced or eliminated.
Although a state institution, Rose State College also receives local funding through the Technical Area Education District supported by the citizens of our immediate service area. Thus, we are able to give back to our community and offer this generous source of financial assistance to our local graduates.
Do you meet all of the following Ticket to Rose eligibility requirements?
I will be a 2017 graduate from Carl Albert, Choctaw, Del City, Midwest City, or Star Spencer High School; or, I will be a 2017 private, alternative, or home school graduate whose primary family residence is located within the officially defined borders of one of the aforementioned school districts.
I am a legal resident of the United States.
- I will have an overall (cumulative) weighted high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher upon graduation (Note: Initial eligibility will be determined by a 7-semester high school transcript, submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records, ADM 100).
If so, complete all of the following requirements:
- Complete the online Ticket to Rose Application by May 1, 2017 (available January 9, 2017). Helpful tips when completing the Ticket to Rose Application, are included below.
Ticket to Rose Application MUST be completed by May 1, 2017 to qualify for the program.
- Complete a separate Rose State College Application for Admission, in person through the Office of Admissions and Records, ADM 100; or online at rose.edu/apply
- Complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), at www.fafsa.gov, and submit all required documents to the Rose State College Financial Aid Office (SSB 200). You must include the Rose State College school code 009185 in the FAFSA application process.
- Submit a 7 semester high school transcript to the Office of Admissions and Records (ADM 100) indicating that you have currently earned a minimum 2.5 weighted GPA.
Helpful Tips When Completing the Ticket to Rose Application:
First time users must “create a new account” (link is located below the “log in” button).
- The student may use their email address as a username.
- The student’s password must be at least 8 characters long & contain at least three of the following:
- Lower case letters (example: a,b,c)
- Upper case letters (example: A,B,C)
- Numbers (example: 1,2,3)
- Alphanumeric characters or symbols (example: @, $, &).
- We suggest that the student write down their username & password to file for future use.
- Include an answer in each field. For example, if the student is unaware of other forms of financial assistance, enter “N/A” under source. A confirmation email will be sent upon successful completion of the application. If the student does not receive a confirmation message, he or she should log back in, check the application for errors, and resubmit the application.
HoursNormal Business Hours
Monday - 8am - 7:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday - 8am - 6pm
Friday - 8am - 5pm