Requirements Upon Acceptance
Students are not to provide this information in their application packet. Program acceptance letters will provide detailed information about these processes, as well as any additional requirements.
DRUG SCREEN: Students who are initially selected as a candidate into a Health Science Division Program will be required to pass a NIDA 11 panel test for drugs, including amphetamines, marijuana, cocaine, PCP and opiates, before final acceptance into the program will be granted. Further information will be provided when the student is accepted for admission to the Program. The student is responsible for the cost of this test.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: An extensive background check, including criminal history, Social Security check, and employment history, is required by all clinical affiliates. Further information will be provided when the student is accepted for admission to the Program. The student is responsible for the cost of this check. Any positive findings may be subject to review by the clinical affiliates and could prevent the student from completing clinical requirements.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: Applicants who are accepted must provide copies of the following information prior to enrolling in nursing courses. Original documents will not be returned or copied.
- Rubeola titer indicating immunity or proof of two MMR immunizations received after the age of one year.
- Rubella titer indicating immunity or proof of two MMR immunizations received after the age of one year.
- Mumps titer indicating immunity or proof of two MMR immunizations received after the age of one year.
- Varicella titer indicating immunity or proof of two varicella immunizations. If you choose to have the vaccine, the vaccinations must be given at least one month apart.
- PPD testing indicating negative findings or current negative chest X-ray. Two separate skin tests must be completed at least one week apart; but not more than one year apart. Applicants must provide proof of the two most recent PPD dates and results of testing. PPD must remain current through the semester.
- Hepatitis B titer indicating immunity, or a series of three immunizations, or a signed declination statement.
- Influenza vaccination will be required on or after admission.
LIABILITY INSURANCE: This is purchased at Rose State College at an estimated expense of $15.00 for the calendar year. Payment must be made to the Business Office after enrollment and prior to beginning class.
CURRENT CPR CERTIFICATION: The only acceptable level is “CPR for Health Care Providers” from the American Heart Association. CPR certification must remain current through the program. A student will not be allowed to enroll unless CPR certification is current through the semester in which he/she is intending to enroll.