The Humanities Division offers both Division and Talent Scholarships each year. The Division Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that covers general enrollment tuition costs up to a specified amount but does not cover special fees or books. A student who plans to enroll in a minimum of six hours for the following fall semester may apply for a Humanities Division Scholarship in May each year. The applicant must be observably pursuing a degree in a Humanities Division major, be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Oklahoma, and have completed at least twelve hours at Rose State College with a 3.0 GPA in the last semester of attendance.
Talent Scholarships are awarded in Art, Mass Communication, Choir, and Theatre. Some Theatre and Choir scholarships are available to new and returning Rose State students alike. Journalism and Art scholarships are awarded to returning Rose State students who show exceptional talent in that field. These scholarships are not cash awards and do not cover special fees or books. They cover general enrollment fees only, up to a specified amount per semester. Application for Talent Scholarships in Mass Communication and Art may be made through the Humanities Division office in May each year. Application for Choir and Theatre Talent Scholarships may be made through the appropriate contact person.
Frances White Hughes Scholarship
Students majoring in Art, Library Technical Assistant/Arts Emphasis, Music, Photography or Theatre may apply. The Frances White Hughes Scholars program:
- Provides the Rose State leadership development course, leadership conferences, and culturally-enriching experiences.
- Is funded by a gift from the estate of former Rose State Regent, Dr. Frances White Hughes.
- Requires each member to complete 90 hours as an intern in the Rose State Performing Arts Theatre or Oklahoma City Civic Center Music Hall equivalent environment each semester.
- Requires each member to complete an approved business course each semester.
Those chosen to be a part of the Frances White Hughes Scholars program:
- Have earned and maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (high school or college).
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester at Rose State College.
Ten students per year are awarded the Frances White Hughes Scholars scholarship, which includes $2,000 per semester and may be used toward tuition, fees, books and other approved related expenses.
Humanities Division Scholarships:
See online application (annually during May)
Art Talent Scholarships:
Professor Howard Koerth, CC120, (405) 733-7599
Mass Communication Talent Scholarships:
Professor Darcy Delaney, FA 110, (405) 733-7400
Choir Talent Scholarship:
Professor Tracey Gregg-Boothby, CC 124, (405) 733-7324
Theatre Talent Scholarships:
Professor Rick Nelson, FA 101, (405) 736-0364
Frances White Hughes Scholarships:
Rick Woodard, SSB 106, (405) 736-0344