speaker in front of group

Veteran Student Services


What is the Semester Enrollment Form?

All educational benefits recipients must submit your Rose State College VA Student Enrollment Confirmation Form (Brown Form) each semester to receive your benefits. Stop by Veteran Student Services located in the Student Services Building, room 100S and 100T to pick one up.

How can I prevent overpayments and penalties?

How do I request an extension of my MGIB-AD (Chapter 30) delimiting date?

Where can I find more information about the New GI Bill®?

Visit the VA GI Bill page for more information.

What is the difference between the New Post - 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill®, and other education benefit programs?

Check this comparison of education benefit programs from the VA.

Why does WAVE show my enrollment as only 12 credits when I log in to verify, when I am actually enrolled for more than that?

Under the Montgomery GI Bill® the VA considers 12 semester credits to be full-time enrollment. If you are enrolled for more than 12 credits during the spring or fall semester, the VA will only pay you for up to 12 full-time credits.

If 12 credits is considered full-time, does the New Post - 9/11 GI Bill® pay for more than 12 credits enrollment?

What happens if I am deployed or called to active duty during the semester and cannot finish my classes?

Will the VA pay for a dual degree?

Yes, but prior approval must be received from the State Approving Agency (SAA) before a student can pursue a dual degree.

Will the VA pay for a minor?

The VA will pay for a minor only if the minor is a requirement as part of your major. 

Can I retake a class and still be paid GI Bill® benefits for that class?

Will the VA pay for an audited class?

No. The VA will not pay for an audited class.

Will the VA pay for a PE class?

No. The VA will not pay for a PE class as most PE classes are not required for any program. There are exceptions for certain programs such as Teaching Physical Education.

Can I get retroactive pay for classes I took before I applied for VA Education Benefits?

Yes, but there are limitations. VA benefits can be paid for enrollments up to one year before the date VA receives a student's application. The date stamp put on the student's application determines the one-year date.

I am having trouble with one of my classes. Is tutorial assistance available?

What is the VA payment rate for summer classes?

The VA pays education benefits for nonstandard enrollment periods based on credit equivalents. The school will report the actual number of credits and the beginning and ending dates of the nonstandard term. 

How do I Request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service if my DD 214 is MIA?

Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways. Visit the National Archives website to begin the process.

Will the VA pay for National tests such as the GRE, MCAT, and CLEP tests?

Yes. The VA will pay for VA approved tests. A list of the approved tests and the procedure for having the VA pay for them is located on the GI Bill National Testing Program page.

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

More information about education benefits offered by VA is available. Click to view the U.S. Government website.