Program Admission and Application
Applications and supporting documents will be accepted only during an application period and can be turned in to the Nursing Program Office in the Health Sciences Center, room 152, or the Health Sciences Division Office, room 101. Late applications will not be accepted.
February 1-April 1 for fall program entry
July 1-September 1 for spring program entry
If the above date falls on a holiday or weekend, applications are due
the last working day preceding the deadline date.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Apply to Rose State College(if not currently enrolled).
- Applicants must be admitted to the college through the Admissions office before application to the Nursing Science Program can be made.
- Official college transcripts(s) of coursework not completed at Rose State College must be submitted to the Admissions office.
- Submit a request for a degree audit for the Nursing Science Program. (Only required if student has out-of-state credits) Information regarding the degree audit and how to submit can be accessed online. https://www.rose.edu/content/admissions-aid/admissions-records/degree-audit/
- Submit the Nursing Science application to include:
- College Transcript copies - All Transcripts must be on file in Admissions in order to receive credit for any pre-requisites taken.
- Next-Generation Accuplacer test results: Writing, Reading, and Pre-Algebra. All applicants must take the Accuplacer exams within three (3) years prior to application. Obtain official copies of your scores from the Admissions office.
Information about Accuplacer testing can be found at: https://www.rose.edu/content/admissions-aid/enrollment-and-specialized-testing/accuplacer/
- Official transcripts for completed practical nursing or paramedic program.
- Copy of current license/registry.
- If applicable, letter explaining reasons for the request of transfer from another nursing program.
The applicant pool consists of all applicants who meet minimum admission criteria and can complete any remaining pre-requisite requirements prior to enrollment in the program. Candidates are numerically ranked based upon the point criteria below. Selections for admission begin with the candidate with the highest points and continues down the applicant pool list until all available spots for that class are filled.
ACCEPTANCE: Applicants are notified of acceptance around the first week of May and December.LPN ADN Challenge Exam Information