Musical Theatre (Fine Arts)
The goal of the Musical Theatre emphasis of the Fine Arts Associate in Arts program is to prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in musical theatre. The program allows students to perform a variety of musical theatre styles, participate in various stage productions, and demonstrate knowledge of basic stage dancing techniques.
- Self-confidence, creative communication skills and organizational skills necessary to enter the job market.
- The ability to perform a variety of musical theatre styles.
- Participation in varied and diverse musical stage productions.
- A basic knowledge of stage dancing techniques.
- A basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.
A musical theatre degree at Rose State College will prepare you for baccalaureate training in music education and musical and theatre performance, as well as a career in the following areas:
- Music director
- Music performer
- Theatre performer
Rose State College and other Oklahoma colleges and universities have memorandums of understanding which identify course equivalencies between both institutions. These agreements aid transfer students. Transfer Agreements webpage