Photography (Fine Arts)
Within Rose State College’s art program, students of photography have opportunities to focus their artistic pursuits specifically on photographic arts. Students in the photography program are fully prepared to transfer to a four-year art degree program.
- Basic principles of photography, including manual and digital camera controls, exposure controls, film, flash, and composition.
- Use of various developers, films, and papers for unusual effects.
- Emphasis on individual skills and interest in a visually expressive manner.
- Understanding of the development of the visual arts in Western Culture.
- Ability to communicate analysis of artwork orally and in writing.
- A basic general foundation of English, history, government, science, math, and liberal arts appropriate for students transferring to a four-year institution.
A photography degree at Rose will prepare you for baccalaureate training in art, art education, photographic arts and visual communication, as well as a career in the following areas: