The Rose State Reading Lab provides one-on-one, individualized instruction for students seeking to improve their reading skills. We work with RSC students who are currently enrolled in reading classes, as well as those who are not. Referrals are not required.
At this time, please visit the Reading Lab virtually by emailing one of the following contacts. You should receive a response within 24-48 hours Mon.-Friday.
Chris Knox: email@example.com
Jim Parsons: firstname.lastname@example.org
We create an engaging, innovative, and motivational environment where professors, students, and reading lab professionals work together helping students improve reading accuracy, increase fluency, and enhance vocabulary.
Students can begin at any level and progress at their own pace. We will assist students with the following skills:
- Develop an understanding of the specific strengths and weaknesses in their reading ability and vocabulary development as revealed through diagnostic testing.
- Provide instruction and orientation for the laboratory materials.
- Provide instruction for the textbook and web-based platforms.
- Supervise the use of laboratory materials during individual folder work.
- Provide online instruction in vocabulary through PrefixSuffix.com.
- Test individuals and make prescriptive adjustments.
- Work individually with students to determine the best method to improve their skills.
- Provide instruction through PowerPoint.
- Provide instruction through and placement in MyReadingLab.
- Provide instruction through Latin and Greek roots.
- Provide instruction through MyReadingLab videos and YouTube videos.
- Provide instruction through online brainstorming and mind mapping: bubbl.us.
- Provide instruction through Spelling Demons.
- Provide instruction through Reading for Understanding.
- Reinforce reading comprehension through Tactics and analogy supplemental materials.
- Provide instruction through online learning management system components.
We are open both day and evening hours for student convenience.
The Reading Lab is located in the Humanities Building, room 117.
|Please check in and out with Athena Griffiths or Jim Parsons, our lab assistants.|
|Open Lab Hours - Fall 2017|
|Monday through Thursday||8:30 - 8:30 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday and Sunday||CLOSED|