VPN Setup Information: There are 4 links for the Rose State VPN Client. First two are for Windows 7-10 and the next two are for MAC Version 10.13 or newer. The .PDF file is the step by step instructions on how to download and open the zip file and the instructions for setting up the zip file. The other link is the zip file for the application install.
- VPN Setup for Windows 7-10 (ZIP File)
- Instructions for installing VPN on Windows 7-10 (PDF File)
- VPN Setup for Mac (Zip File)
- Instructions for installing VPN on Mac (PDF File)
VPN Instructions Video
Adobe Acrobat Assistance:Discover all the things your PDF can do Explore all the features and tools! Convert, edit, and share your PDF.
Please use the official Rose State College logo and tagline in the signature block of all Outlook email messages. Note that the policy for signatures for official Rose State College email has changed: We do not allow the use of quotes, quips or sayings in the signature block of Rose State College emails. Place the logo immediately below your formatted contact information in the signature block in the Outlook signature.
The new logo appears below and is downloadable to your PC (right-click the logo image and choose save image as...). If you are on campus, the new logo/tag line is available on the W: drive in the folder RSC Logos .
Step-by-step- instructions for creating an Outlook signature with the logo and tag line are provided in PDF format in the links below. If you need/want assistance with the process, please contact Ken Roper (ext. 6240) or B. Acree (ext. 7905). We will be pleased to provide assistance.
Create a signature in Outlook with the official logo and tagline (PDF)
Campus Network Password Policy
The policy applies to all college employee network logons. At this time, passwords can only be changed while you are on campus. The policy is as follows:
- Your password will need to be changed every 120 days
- Your password must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 127 characters in length
- Contain three of the four following characteristics:
· Upper case A-Z
· Lower Case a-z
· Utilize numbers 0 through 9
· Non-Alphabetic characters (e.g. ! $ # & % *)
- Password CANNOT contain all or part of your username
- Upon changing a password, there is a 5-day waiting period prior to changing your password again.
- There is a five password history. (i.e. Your new password cannot be identical to your five previously used passwords.)
For some individuals, it is easier to remember a password if it is based on a familiar quote, favorite saying, etc. Also, swapping numbers or symbols for letters facilitates meeting the criteria.
Cisco IP Phone Tutorials
Follow the links below to learn the features of your Cisco IP Phone.
7940 Single Line Phone and 7960 Multi-Line Phone (PDF)
Voicemail Setup Instructions (PDF)
Initiating a Meet-Me Conference Call
A “Meet-Me Conference” will allow callers to dial into a given number to join a conference. Anyone who dials the number can join the conference.
You, as the conference controller, must publish the number to be called, the time the conference will start, and have it initiated before the conference can be joined.
Rose State College can host conference calls from on or off campus. The numbers you publish are predefined and you may select any of the numbers in the following range depending on the caller location:
|Caller Location||Use Conference #||On Campus Callers Dial||Off Campus Callers Dial|
|All callers are on campus||140 through 147||Number selected||N/A|
If all callers are on campus, use a number in the range 140 through 147 and publish this number. This is also the number you will use to initiate the conference.
If callers are from off campus or a mix of on and off campus, you will initiate number 148 and publish this number for on campus callers and 733-7948 for off campus callers.An additional number for on/off campus callers is 149 for on campus and 733-7942 for off campus callers.
To initiate a Meet-Me Conference from a Cisco 7940 or 7960 phone:
- Lift the handset or hit the Speaker Phone button. (You will get a dial tone)
- Select the “more” button and then the “Meet-Me” button.
- Enter the selected conference number (i.e.142). The words “To Conference” will appear on the screen.
To initiate a Meet-Me Conference from the Cisco PolyCom Conference Station:
- Push the “Handset” button. (You will get a dial tone)
- Push the Menu button and then select “Call Functions”
- Select “Meet-Me” and enter the selected conference number. “Conference” will appear on the screen.
Joining Conference Calls
- To join a conference from on campus: Dial the published three digit number. The words “To Conference” will appear on the screen and you will be joined to the conference.
- To join a conference from off campus: Dial the published seven digit number and you will be joined to the conference.
- To exit a conference: Hang up the phone. The conference continues until all parties hang up including the Conference manager.
Faculty, staff and students now have access to Read&Write Gold on campus computers. Click the link below to view a training guide for the program.
Read&Write Gold Training Guide (PDF)
The Information Technology Services Department assists faculty and staff every day with software, hardware, training, and also provides free software to faculty and staff for their home computers. Click the link below to view a PDF document containing information on the many ways you can benefit from the ITS Department's services.
ITS Orientation Document (PDF)
As a benefit to employees, our annual Microsoft campus software license agreement allows free software licensed for home use. Per our license agreement, a single copy of ONE version of each software product (Windows and Office) is authorized for your personal use — i.e., you get ONE version of Windows and ONE version of Office.
Here's how the software request and fulfillment process works:
- Come to Administration, room 200 with a blank DVD (type “+R” or “–R”…NOT“RW”) for each software you are requesting. You may bring a USB flash drive, if you prefer. The flash drive must be empty.
- Ms. Rochelle Dillard will process your request and notify you via email when your software is ready to be picked up at the ADM 200 office.
- At the time of pick up, you MUST BRING a photo ID to verify your identity (either College ID or driver’s license). At that time, you will receive a copy of the software installation key codes with your software.
For additional information, please contact Lancelot Duff in I.T. Services at ext. 7356 or via email at email@example.com.
HelpDesk vs. Trouble Call
I.T. Services provides two primary methods of attending to the needs of campus computer users: a helpdesk or a trouble call. The differences are simple. If you need to have some computer equipment or software installed or added, then you need to place a helpdesk request and your need can be scheduled into our workload. However, if you are having difficulties (such as error messages) with an existing piece of equipment or software that you have already successfully been using, then a trouble call needs to be placed with us. Trouble calls can be placed either via the helpdesk entry process or via phone by calling I.T. Services at ext. 7356.
Quick Reference Guides
- Office 2010 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Excel 2010 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Outlook 2010 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- How to Set up Outlook 2016 (PDF)
- Powerpoint 2010 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Word 2010 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)